Lauralei Properties St. Louis Real Estate

Real Estate and more in the St. Louis and surrounding areas.

How to save on a classic watch


I recently read an article in Money magazine which was giving you pointers on how to snag a classic watch the frugal way. I thought it was pretty interesting and decided to share with you what I found. If you buy used you can save 20% or more of the retail price. The downturn in the market has pushed prices on second hand watches about 20% lower than they were at the end of 2008. The 1990 Rolex or a
1950s Longines or a 1940s Hamilton are now selling for $1000-$2000 apiece, which is a few hundred dollars less that before the recession.
Make sure you buy a respected maker, and you will be able to sell it for as much as you paid if not more. You will need to get it cleaned and oiled every three to five years to ensure that it holds it value. To make sure you do not get taken only buy from authorized dealers, which are listed on the brands websites, or you can buy from a second hand shop that offer warranties and returns.

I hope this information interest you like it did me and gives you some good advice on purchasing that next watch.

0 comments: